Since I’m still getting back into the swing of things here on the blog (and in my writing – but more on that later) and since I’ve been travelling sooo much for the holidays I thought I’d share some of my favourite packing tips- that of course have been well researched during one my minor obsessive phases :P. I’m also going to be sharing my top travel items that I can’t leave without or I am LOST. Here goes:
- Know what the weather will be like where you’ll be headed and pack accordingly.
- When you are packing lay everything out on the bed. This way you can see everything you’re taking right off the bat and know if you are missing anything before you are halfway to your destination.
- Make a list of everything you are taking and keep it in your bag, so you know on the return journey you are bringing everything back.
- Ensure that, unless you’re packing with strict restrictions, you take a couple of luxury items to ensure your comfort. I’m talking about a face mask, your favourite fluffy socks, or something that makes you feel special and pampered – no this is not just for girls people! Guys can be pampered too!
- Know your luggage limits! If you’re travelling overseas and only allowed 20kgs pack 18 so that you have the choice as to whether you can bring things back.
- Value the entertainment factor. Whether travelling around the country for the holidays or taking a long haul flight you are going to get BORED! If you’re anything like me -as you should be if you’ve been following the blog 😛 – reading is a fantastic entertainment option for avoiding the boredom disease. Me? I take my e-reader with me and power through all my favourite books. If I need a break from that I will pop my headphones in to rock some music, a podcast, or an audiobook. While I haven’t jumped on the AB bandwagon I have heard good things and have a great many friends who adore listening in as they drive and honestly? That sounds like a f*cking brilliant idea. (I think I may have just convinced myself <3 )
On that note, let’s get into my must-have travel items:
- My eyemask (which is in the shape of a cute fox face and I’m in love with it). It is science people that when light is introduced to people in a REM cycle that cycle is interrupted. So to circumvent nature – come on I’m NOT waking up at 5 am thanks to the summer sunrise, I throw on an eye mask when travelling- it has helped sooo much.
- My e-reader has no backlight to make it more like a book. Now, I love this but it also means that when it gets dark I need to augment my environment in order to keep reading! Hence my next item is a little clip-on reading light.
- Along the same likes- my e-reader because… duh?
- A big ol’ water bottle. Hydration is important for infinite reasons. drink up y’all!
- Sunscreen. I don’t know if anyone has noticed but I’m hella pale. This means that I have the pleasure of turning bright red in the most painful way after 5 fricken minutes in the sun. Thanks, hole in the ozone layer!
- My final must have is moisturiser also because duh!
There ya have it, my must-haves. Do you agree? disagree? What are your travel must-haves?
Oh yeah, my writing! I’m struggling just a little on that front, mostly because I have been travelling it seems like every other week which has been a struggle to get into a writing routine, but I’m sure I’ll get there soon enough- once everything settles down. =)
As always, do what I’m not and go write something 😛